Remote Deposit Capture allows you to deposit checks using your mobile device, making check deposits fast and convenient - wherever you are! This free service is available by request through your Ulster Federal Credit Union Mobile Banking App.
Before capturing your check image, please be sure to fully read and follow the instructions:
- Make sure you have not already deposited your check.
- Endorse your check with the signatures of all parties the check is addressed to, as well as the text “For remote deposit only at Ulster FCU”. Please note that check boxes with descriptions like “Check here for remote deposit” cannot solely provide for adequate check-endorsement.
- Ensure you have good lighting, and place check on a dark background (for better contrast). • Make sure the entire check is well within the picture frame and that there are no other objects in the picture.
- All checks deposited remotely are subject to a minimum three (3) day hold, and released in accordance with Reg CC Funds Availability Policy. Longer holds may apply.
- Original paper checks should be retained for a period of ten (10) days, then destroyed. Once a check has been accepted for deposit, an electronic image is available through online banking.
You will receive an email notification as to whether your check was approved. If you do not receive the notification, please contact the credit union to make sure your email on file is correct.
There is currently no limit on the number of individual checks that can be deposited. However, the dollar amount is limited to $10,000 per check, with a maximum deposit total of $15,000 per day. Checks exceeding this amount should instead be deposited at a branch, placed in the night drop depository, or mailed to the credit union.
Any remotely-deposited check that is returned to the credit union unpaid is subject to a $35 return fee. If an item is returned unpaid a substitute check will be provided to you.
By using this service, you agree to the following:
- Only acceptable items will be presented for deposit.
- The original paper check will not be deposited once it has been remote-deposited.
- Items cannot be deposited more than once.
- Ulster Federal Credit Union reserves the right to reject a remote deposit for any reason, and will not sustain a loss due to the imaged item(s) being deposited.
- Ulster Federal Credit Union also reserves the right to terminate a member’s Remote Deposit access if checks are returned uncollected, or if fraud is present or suspected.