Ulster FCU is offering college-bound high school seniors the opportunity to compete for statewide college scholarships through the New York Credit Union Association’s Scholarship Program. Scholarships will be awarded ranging from $500 to $1,500 and may be used at a two- or four-year accredited educational institution.
Please review the following instructions carefully before completing your application.
There is no fee for submitting an application, but applicants MUST be:
- Members of Ulster Federal Credit Union
- College-bound high school seniors at the time of application; and
- Attending either a two- or four-year accredited educational institution for the first time in the fall of 2018.
- Download the application from here or stop in at any Ulster FCU branch and request it. If the student is not a member of Ulster FCU, he/she can request a membership packet as well.
- Complete the scholarship application form. Please type or print clearly, and use only the space provided on the form to answer the questions. Other than where specified on the application form, no attachments, resumes, pictures or other materials of any kind should be submitted or used to answer the questions.
- You and your parent or guardian must sign the Certification and Release Authorization on the back page of the application form.
- Submit your signed application directly to your credit union by January 5, 2018, along with:
- a high school transcript documenting your GPA for grades 9-11;
- an SAT/PSAT/ACT transcript; and
- a typed essay response (see application for details).
- Your application must be signed by a participating management-level employee at your credit union in order to verify your credit union membership.
If any portion is incomplete or not included, the application will not be considered.
The application can be downloaded from here: 2018 NYCUA Scholarship Application
In early spring, applications will be judged against other submissions statewide. Winners will be announced in May.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Kim Turck at 845-339-5544 ext. 124 or email email@example.com. Winner notifications will be sent in May 2018. Good luck and we look forward to receiving your application!